Technology Roadmap: A Guided Tour of Technology Used for Renovation of an Existing Facility
Today’s construction industry tells a story quite different from that of yesteryear. As designers and engineers become increasingly tech-savvy, the building sector is seeing improved efficiency through every step of the process, from start to finish.
- LocationPataskala, OH
- Square Footage457,995 s.f.
- OperationalDistribution: 10 months, Office/Data Center: 17 months
Gray Construction is experiencing great success first-hand by implementing several technologies throughout the design-build process. At the CSCMP’s 2015 Annual Conference this week, we’ll specifically highlight the technologies that helped bring a 457,995 s.f. expansion for Ascena Retail Group, Inc. to life.
These technologies benefit several areas including:
- Owner engagement and understanding (visualization)
- Documentation and constructability
- Estimating and bidding
- Construction phasing and logistics
- Contractor’s understanding of design intent (visualization)
- Cost control and reduction
- Schedule and project duration
- Unplanned changes, rework and out-of-sequence work
- Labor, safety and material waste
Curious how Gray was able to transform Ascena’s existing Pataskala, Ohio distribution center into the building below using technology? If you’re attending CSCMP’s 2015 annual conference in San Diego, Calif., Gray will be discussing this topic and more during Track 16 of Cornerstone V on Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 2:00 p.m.