Siemens Becomes Leaner According to Bloomberg Businessweek
- LocationCharlotte, NC
- Square Footage489,905 s.f.
- Operational13 months
Gray Construction Customer Siemens AG receives accolades for its leaner, simpler business models in this video from Bloomberg’s Elliott Gotkine:
- Siemens shares are up a 1/3 over the past 12 months, outperforming GE and Swedish rival ABB.
- Last year, Siemens signed a 6 billion deal to provide high speed trains for Deutche Bahn.
- Liquid capital is expected to climb even more next year with the proposed sale of an Electric Co. subsidiary as well as the proposed sale of nuclear company, AREVA, which Siemens is part owner of.
- Siemens CEO Peter Loescher has introduced a focus on healthcare, energy and industry since taking office.
- Siemens CEO Peter Loescher has introduced simplicity and transparency to a company that once consisted of a complicated hierarchal structure and too many divisions.
Gray recently completed Siemens’ new 314,830 s.f. wind energy nacelle production facility in Hutchinson, Kan. and is currently constructing Siemens’ 450,000 s.f. 60-Hz gas turbine production plant in Charlotte, N.C. This project has the largest operational capacity of combined crane installation currently being installed in the U.S.
Gray, ranked 6th among the U.S. Top Manufacturing Contractors, provided architecture, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, construction management, LEED certification coordination and building commissioning for both projects.
Related News & Insights
Manufacturing, Corporate News
Gray President Named Top Young Professional by Engineering News-Record MidwestJanuary 14, 2022
Top Trends for Equipment Manufacturing in 2022
Equipment Manufacturers Must Automate to Stay Competitive in the Global Economy