Sustainable Manufacturing Processes and Facility Contribute Top Sustainable Auto Company Rating for BMW
BMW Group is once again ranked the world’s most sustainable automotive company.
- Greer, SCLocation
- 1,400,000 s.f.Square Footage
- Phase I: 10 months, Phase II: 10 monthsOperational
BMW Group, a Gray customer, was ranked as the world’s most sustainable automotive company for the seventh consecutive year by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Check out the complete article from BMW.
Interesting BMW Group Facts From the Article:
- They been named the world’s most sustainable automobile manufacturer for seven consecutive years.
- They are the only company in the automotive industry to be listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes every year since it was established in 1999.
- Sustainability is an integral part of the BMW Group’s corporate strategy.
- The company appointed an environmental officer back in 1973 – the automotive industry’s first.
- In 2009, corporate sustainability was firmly established as a corporate target at Group level.
- Today, the Sustainability Board defines the strategic alignment through binding internal targets and the Executive Sustainability Committee paves the way for implementation in the relevant divisions.
Related News & Insights
The Benefits of Data Collection in Equipment Manufacturing
Building from Within: Domestic Supply Chains to Power U.S. Manufacturing
Gray & MycoWorks Celebrate Ribbon Cutting of World’s First Full-Scale Fine Mycelium™ Production Facility
Corporate NewsNovember 07, 2023