KRAFT HEINZDavenport, Iowa
Gray was selected to design and build a state-of-the-art meat processing and packaging facility for leading food and beverage company, Kraft Heinz. This is the first new factory project for Kraft Heinz since the landmark merging of Kraft Foods Group and H.J. Heinz Corporation in 2015. The facility produces hundreds of millions of pounds of deli meats per year, including meats for Oscar Mayer’s Deli Fresh and Lunchables product lines.
Food Engineering, a leading food and beverage processing publication, named Kraft Heinz’s new factory in Davenport, Iowa, the 2018 Plant of the Year.
- Total area: 382,157 s.f.
- Food processing area: 305,346 s.f.
- Utility area: 34,342 s.f.
- Office area: 42,469 s.f.
- Building features:
- Floor construction consists of structural slabs
- Wall construction consists of insulated metal panels
- Structure is conventional steel
- Notable building installations include:
- Dock levelers
- Located on 70 acres in the Eastern Iowa Industrial Center
- 14-month schedule from foundation to first production
Services Provided by Gray:
- Civil Engineering
- Permit Procurement
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Refrigeration Engineering
- Construction Management