We put safety and quality of life first.
Gray No. 1 Core Value
Gray Construction’s dedication to safety goes beyond what is required by OSHA. Safety training, measurable safety goals and stringent monitoring—including subcontractors' incidents—are vital components to every Gray project. While Gray’s safety record is better than the industry average, we view even one incident as too many and are committed to achieving zero incidents on our job sites.
Gray Construction is a recipient of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Willis Construction Safety Excellence Award Grand Prize, the industry’s highest safety award in the nation. In addition, Gray has twice received the first place honor in the 500,000+ construction management hours worked division.
- Everyone is accountable:
- If you see it, you own it... if you pass by it, you condone it
- Start early
- Involve subcontractors
- Plan for every task
- Recognize it
- Use STOP
- Take minutes to save days, weeks or months
- Incidents can happen instantly
- Once an incident starts, you can't stop it
- Communication is critical to setting our safety culture on site
- Everyone has the authority to STOP