ZFGray Court, S.C.
ZF Friedrichshafen AG, one of the ten largest automotive suppliers worldwide, selected Gray to expand its manufacturing facility in Gray Court, S.C. to accommodate the production of ZF’s new 8- and 9-speed transmissions. The 458,137 s.f. expansion will include both a manufacturing area and a Product Engineering Support Center (PESC) for research and development and will extend the company’s footprint to 1.4 million s.f. ZF’s total investment at the Gray Court facility represents the single largest investment ever made by the company outside of Germany in its nearly 100-year history.
- Creating more than 1600 jobs
- Plant will produce 1.2 million fuel-efficient 8- and 9-speed transmission units each year
- 9-speed automatic transmission is first of its kind introduced to global market
- Building features:
- Conventional steel
- Manufacturing area: 433,885 s.f.
- PESC area: 24,252 s.f.
- Data center: Insulated metal wall panels & insulated precast panels
- Office/data center: 2” insulated metal panels, engineered structural curtain walls
- Distribution center: 6” & 8” floor slabs with #4 reinforcing
- Office/data center: 5” reinforced concrete slab
Services Provided by Gray:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Project Visualization
- Civil Engineering
- MEP Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
- Equipment Installation
- Building Commissioning