VOLVO CAR US OPERATIONS INC.Ridgeville, S.C.
Gray was selected to work directly with Eisenmann Corporation to complete Volvo Car's new Paint Shop, which is part of the company's first U.S. manufacturing facility. Eisenmann, headquartered in southern Germany, is a leading global industrial solutions provider for surface finishing, material flow automation, environmental engineering and thermal process technology.
- Total area: 774,323 s.f.
- Floor construction: slab on grade, recessed containment slabs, thickened slab on grade for AS/RS structure, 6” slabs on metal deck, chemical resistant and static dissipative epoxy systems
- Wall construction: 2 1/2” metal panels with 4’ precast wainscot
- Notable building installations:
- deep foundations with seismic ties over stone aggregate piers
- personnel and freight elevators
- large scale chemical containment
- deflagration panels
Services Provided by Gray:
- Permit Procurement
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- LEED® Certification Coordination
- Building Commissioning