Gray was selected to design and build Italian paper product manufacturer Sofidel's first greenfield project in the U.S.—an integrated paper mill in Circleville, Ohio. Spanning more than 1.6 million s.f., the facility is expected to be operational in 2018 and will employ approximately 300 people. Deciding factors for site selction included close proximity to customer distribution centers, a desirable workforce, a good rail system connected to water and gas, as well as other logistical considerations. As the sixth largest manufacturer in the world of toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissue and other specialty paper products, Sofidel employs some 6,000 employees globally.
- Total area: 1,608,665 s.f.
- Building features:
- Floor construction consists of concrete slab
- Wall construction consists of metal panels, insulated metal panels and precast concrete
- Conventional steel structure
- Notable building installations include dock levelers, rail spur and 8-ton hoist cranes
- Paper machining area is constructed entirely with concrete precast materials in order to withstand high temperatures generated by steam
- Schedule: 18-month
- Located on 280 acres
Services Provided by Gray:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management