MICHELIN NORTH AMERICA, INC., US10 - ANDERSON, S.C.Anderson, S.C.
Michelin North America, Inc., a global leader in tire manufacturing, selected Gray to provide design-build services for a 792,063 s.f. facility to manufacture Michelin's Earthmover tires, used in various mining operations around the globe. This new facility is adjacent to Michelin’s rubber processing plant expansion, another Gray project. The two projects created around 500 jobs for the Anderson, S.C. region.
- Michelin's 19th manufacturing facility in North America
- Michelin's 9th manufacturing facility in the state of South Carolina
- Completed in 16 months; final certificate of occupancy from the county 50 days earlier than original schedule
- Axels fitted on these trucks are manufactured at the Caterpillar Winston-Salem facility, another Gray project
- 1st Earthmover tire rolled off the manufacturing line in December 2013
Services Provided by Gray:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Project Visualization
- Structural Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Construction Management
- Equipment Procurement