GRAY CONSTRUCTION SOUTHEAST REGIONAL OFFICE
Gray Construction's new Southeast regional office was one of the biggest projects underway in the Birmingham Central Business District for a time. Formerly the Booker T. Washington Insurance Co. building, the 58,212 s.f. space underwent a total transformation. In addition to the five story office building, Gray performed maintenance on the adjoining 160-space parking garage.
- Interior and exterior renovations to reflect a modern workspace
- Gray employees occupy approximately 15,000 s.f. of the building, with remaining space to be leased to tenants
- Leading tech firm Atlas RFID Solutions, Inc. signed a lease to occupy 19,255 s.f. on the top two floors of the structure
A floating curtain wall utilizes multi-colored glass, a 4-sided structural silicone glazing system and cantilevers of of the face of the building for additional depth.
An opening in the 2nd floor slab was cut to accommodate a staircase, linking the two floors into a single office space.
Floating cloud ceilings were incorporated to enhance the open office design and functionality.
Reynobond metal panels were used to complete the building envelope where glass does not exist.
Services Provided by Gray:
- Construction Management
- General Contracting
- Specialty Contracting
Services Provided by Gray Development:
- Site Selection / Evaluation
- Build-to-Suit Lease Structure
- Construction Financing
- Incentive Coordination
- Permanent Financing