MARUCHAN VIRGINIA, INC.Chesterfield, Va.
Maruchan Virginia, Inc., a subsidiary of the Tokyo-based Toyo Suisan Kaisha Ltd., produces over 3 billion packages of Ramen noodle soup each year. Gray was selected to provide design-build services for a new soup room expansion at the company’s Chesterfield campus.
The additional space will allow for the production and packaging of the different flavor packets that go into Maruchan’s famous ramen noodle packages. The new facility will be three levels including a ground level with two upper mezzanine floors and an elevator. The warehouse will include a 50’ high bay with rack shelving and will be used primarily for raw material storage.
- Total Area: 60,000 s.f.
- Schedule: 12 months
- Floor Construction: 6” and 10” slab with single mat rebar at the bottom and wire mesh at the top
- Wall Construction: precast and insulated metal panels
- Structure: conventional steel
- Notable Building Installations:
- Clean design for food and beverage facility
- Continuous dock pit with vertical levelers
Services Provided by Gray:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Equipment Installation