Electrolux is a global leader in household appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 markets annually. Gray was selected by Electrolux to construct an approximately 800,000 s.f. addition to modernize the current facility and create the opportunity to expand production. The Anderson plant is the company’s only refrigerator plant in the United States. This expansion will allow Electrolux to produce 2.2 million refrigerators per year. This facility will also feature a kitchen showroom, equipped with fully functioning appliances. Massive earthwork was performed (1 million cubic yards of dirt moved) to create the building pad for this expansion.
- Total area: 800,000 s.f.
- Manufacturing area: 770,000 s.f.
- External Office area: 30,000 s.f.
- Schedule: 18 months
- Notable building installations:
- 9,000 l.f. of process piping
- (2) 15-metric-ton cranes
- (4) assembly lines for refrigeration
- (3) 10,000 gal. tanks for bulk foam system
Services Provided by Gray:
- Architecture & Engineering Services
- Civil Engineering
- Permit Procurement
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering