Design and Installation of Three New Baked Snack Production Lines
The project involved putting in three new snack production lines in a converted warehouse space with building expansion, on a very aggressive timeline. InLine Engineers provided full design engineering for bulk ingredient handling, mixing and sheeting processes, baking, and full packaging systems- including installation oversight, and start-up services.
Notable project features include:
- New bulk ingredient system for sugar, enriched flour, wheat flour, vegetable oil, potable hot water, and corn syrup designed for five production lines
- New mixing, dough sheeting, direct gas fired/convection ovens
- Cooling conveyor systems
- Fully automated packaging and palletizing systems
- New HVAC systems, hygienic zoning, washrooms, cold storage, and utility distribution to equipment
- Project size: $100MM
- 24-month project duration
- Equipment specifications for new equipment purchases
- Developing FAT requirements
- Site acceptance test (SAT) criteria
- Layout design
- Mechanical and electrical installation bid packages
- Installation support and line start-up and commissioning services
- Managed all field changes
- Provided as-built drawings for the project
InLine Engineers is a Gray company.
InLine provides engineering, process improvement, and planning services for Food & Beverage leaders. In 2018, InLine joined the Gray family to complement its Food & Beverage offering. As a Gray company, we help customers transform their operations to maximize their ROI.