Microporous Insulation Production Process
Spec Engineering designed a system that vacuum conveys lightweight material (4 pcf) and minor ingredients to a mixer for distribution and separation of fibers. Finished material conveys to a product storage bin. Screw auger system and custom gain-in-weight scale system filled bags of finished material. An automatic control system was implemented for conveying, mix cycles, and accurate feeding of finished product.
- The fully automated process is initiated by operator interface HMI with system display status.
- Vacuum conveyor operator by compressed air eliminated excess motor loads required for the operation.
- Central dust collector to pull clouds of lightweight dusty material away from operators and control nuisance dust for cleaning.
- Complete turnkey system including integration and implementation supervision services.
- Equipment included: bag dump station, vacuum conveyor with discharge hopper, mixer, storage hopper, gain-in-weight feeder, butterfly valve, dust collection unit, dust collection piping and hoods, and controls system
Spec Engineering is a Gray company.
Spec is a process engineering company, focused on best-in-class solutions for customers in the food, grain, minerals, chemicals, and pharma industries. In 2019, Spec became part of the Gray family of brands. As a Gray company, we continue to offer comprehensive expertise, catered to your scope, schedule, and budget.