Giving Tuesday is a great start to the charitable holiday season, especially after shoppers just finished up Black Friday and Cyber Monday! The purpose of Giving Tuesday is to create a movement that celebrates and supports giving, especially through social media.
Here at SPEC, we enjoy giving back to the community throughout the year. Looking back at 2018, here are some community outreach programs we participated in:
- JP Morgan Corporate Challenge
- Strike Out Hunger
- Volunteering at Green Harvest Food Pantry
- Inaugural Junior Engineers Summer Camp
- Chicago IFT Golf Outing, benefiting student scholarships
- Brookfield Zoo Run
- Manufacturing Day at Joliet Junior College
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Candy Production Club Food Packing Event
We look forward to participating in similar activities in 2019, along with the addition of a High School Shadow Day to give back to our local high school students interested in Engineering as a career path.