POMONA VALLEY TRANSFER STATIONPomona, Calif.
The Pomona Valley Transfer Station, a solid waste transfer station, selected Gray to construct its new transfer station, administrative building and maintenance building. The two-story administrative building features an office, employee and training space. The maintenance building includes three bays for repair and maintenance for CNG fueled collection trucks.
- Total area: 456,688 s.f.
- Building features:
- Pre-engineered steel frame solid waste transfer station with a concrete tilt-up enclosure
- Floor construction consists of slab with structured deck
- LEED® Gold certified
Elements of sustainable design incorporated into the facility include:
- Site development-maximize open space
- Reduce head island effect-reflective roof
- 20% water use reduction with water efficient landscaping
- Recycled content
- Regional materials
- Indoor chemical and pollutant source control
- Low VOC emitting materials
- Onsite renewable energy
- Low flow plumbing fixtures
- Alternative public transportation access
- Alternative transportation - low emitting and fuel efficient vehicles
- Alternative transportation-parking capacity
Services Provided by Gray:
- General Contracting
- LEED® Certification Coordination
- Building Commissioning