MITSUBISHI POWER SYSTEMS AMERICASFort Smith, Ark.
Gray was selected to provide design-build services for Mitsubishi's new 230,000 s.f. wind turbine nacelle plant in Fort Smith, Ark. Mitsubishi has developed, manufactured, and marketed wind turbines for more than three decades and is one of the leading wind turbine manufacturers in the world.
- Project completed in 11 months
- Mitsubishi’s first nacelle production plant in the U.S.
- Facility achieved LEED® Gold certification
Elements of sustainable design incorporated into the facility include:
- Previously developed site location
- Site classified as "brownfield"
- Reduced heat-island effect with reflective roofing and paving
- Eliminated need for permanent irrigation system
- Utilized local "green" power sources
- Reduced construction waste with on-site recycling collection
- Extensive use of recycled and regionally produced materials
- Using low-VOC paints, coatings & materials
- 40% reduction in domestic water usage
- 30% reduction in overall energy consumption
- Bicycle storage racks and shower facilities
- Preferential parking for fuel-efficient vehicles
- Connection to existing mass transit by extending two existing bus routes to the project
Services Provided by Gray:
- Interior Design
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Project Visualization
- Furniture Design
- Civil Engineering
- MEP Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
- LEED® Administration
- LEED® Certification
- LEED® Design
- LEED® Commissioning
- Sustainable Design