CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY HISTORIC CORE CLASSROOM BUILDINGOrange, Calif.
Chapman University selected Gray for services on its 21,780 s.f. historic core classroom building on its Orange, Calif. campus. This building includes two stories above ground and a basement with light wells that surround the building, providing plenty of light for the basement classrooms. The exterior of the building included a smooth plaster finish and columns at the main entrance. Wood windows retained the historical look of Chapman University and “Old Towne” in the Orange historical district.
- Accelerated schedule: 10 months
- Interior décor includes artwork from the Huell Howser collection
- Building features:
- Steel structure enclosed with masonry block
- Cork flooring was installed on the first floor and basement
- Building installations included: TVs, monitors, projectors, speakers, etc.
Services Provided by Gray:
- Construction Management