The ability to identify the best opportunities to improve processes across the facility from raw material in to finished goods out can be challenging. At Gray Solutions we can help you with a new greenfield facility or a modernization or a major addition to a brownfield facility. These efforts work across your whole organization, providing the maximum amount of productivity from concept to production.
Process & Packaging Systems Design and Integration
- Basis of Design Documents
- Detailed Mass and Energy Balances
- BFD, PFD and P&ID Development
- Equipment and Instrument Specifications
- 3D Equipment General Arrangement Modeling
- SOO/DO Document Development
- Detailed Engineering Management
- Process Equipment, Install and Support Budget Development and Management
- Integrated Project Schedule Development
- Process Integration into Facility Systems
- Consulting Development of:
- Hygiene mapping
- People/product flows
- Waste mapping
- Maintenance accessibility
- Utility systems integration
- Process HAZOP / PHA
- Process scenarios built for rapid iteration development to validate equipment sets
- Real-world opex scenarios project equipment downtime and utilization to support equipment sizing
- Vendor shortlisting
- Long-lead equipment identification and early procurement
- Tender package development and management
- Bid leveling and recommendation
- Terms Negotiations – incl. Performance Guarantees
- Shop drawing / submittal management
- FAT and Logistics support
- Installation scope package development and management
- Process Piping
- Process Low Voltage & Electrical (support)
- Site support for technical install validation
- Site Acceptance Test (SAT) management
Champion Petfoods Inc. is a worldwide leader in producing high quality, award-winning dog and cat foods. For the customer’s modern kitchen facilities, Champion partnered with Gray Solutions for a wide range of services, including system design, automation & controls, and process network architecture.
Gray was selected to design and build a bourbon distillery and dried grain facility in Lebanon, KY, for Diageo, the world’s largest spirits producer. Leveraging its deep industry experience and resources, the Gray family of brands integrated complete turnkey solutions for the project.
Gray partnered with Petsource by Scoular—a 127-year-old company with a focus on global distribution of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients—on the company’s first manufacturing venture into pet food. The customer selected Gray to provide fully integrated services for a greenfield facility in Seward, Nebraska, that produces high quality freeze-dried pet food ingredients.
Gray Solutions is a Gray company.
Formed in 2018, Gray Solutions is a leader in automation and process integration for customers in Food & Beverage. As a part of the Gray family of brands, we continue to creatively address customer challenges in projects small to large. Whether you need a simple modification or a new facility, our services will increase efficiencies in your system through the power of data and information technology.