We drive efficiency in Food & Beverage by integrating automation and process engineering technology. We are outcome focused, pairing your priorities and objectives with modern, creative, and innovative solutions for today’s ever-changing market.
We are a team of system integrators, informed by the ever-evolving capabilities of technology. We implement secure data networks for Food & Beverage manufacturers to simplify traceability, increase product to market speed, and improve system efficiency. Whether you need enriched manufacturing intelligence or the integration of new enterprise systems, we’ll level-up your capabilities and offer custom solutions to accomplish your project goals.
Meet our Team
- Walker MattoxPresident- Walker brings unapparelled experience to Gray Solutions’ process engineering and automation strategies. He joined Gray in 2018 after owning an automation consulting firm in Central Kentucky. His prior experience includes serving as the IT Director for the Governor of Kentucky and leading the implementation of state-wide IT projects. He has consulted on QMS auditing systems, CRM deployment, and various other IT and marketing special projects. As president of Gray Solutions, a Gray company, Walker is responsible for the overall leadership that drives the strategic endeavors of Gray Solutions.
- Randolph WilsonVice President, Strategy & Innovation Before joining Gray Solutions, Randolph worked in many roles during his 42-year tenure at Gray Construction. His expertise in the food industry, including a two-year assignment with The Kroger Co., offers our customers real-world, pragmatic manufacturing experience and creative solutions to operational challenges. Randolph leads all our projects with direction and guidance to develop process designs that offer best-value solutions. He maintains a wide network of subject matter experts and specialty equipment fabricators that provide targeted technical expertise and operational innovation.
- Gregory PowersVice President of Solution Architecture, Gray Solutions Greg Joined Gray Solutions in October of 2019 as Vice President of Solutions Architecture. Greg has over 20+ years of experience in the manufacturing area with focus on plant automation, manufacturing solutions, process improvement and ERP Integration. He has a proven record on complex manufacturing system rollout with focus on production, quality, inventory and maintenance areas. Prior to Gray Solutions, Greg worked as Senior Manager at Accenture as the Industry 4.0 practice lead. During this time, he set the technical strategies for manufacturing facilities, providing solutions for manufacturing automation, data historians and MES solutions. Greg received a bachelor’s degree in computer science/Mathematics and master’s degree in engineering management at Western Michigan University.
- Drew GoodallDirector, Process Drew has been with the Gray team since 2016 after spending 12 years in various process engineering roles dedicated to food, beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturing. He brings a realistic approach to process design and project execution after spending the first six years of his career as an in-plant engineer managing daily production and large scale capital projects. Since joining Gray Solutions, he has worked to align complex process systems design with the traditional fast track design build project execution style. Drew graduated from the University of Kentucky with a degree in Biosystems Engineering.
- Alex PoolManager, Automation Alex joined the Gray Solutions team in 2018 with over 25 years of experience in automation and controls engineering. He started his career in the automotive industry developing automation for paint and assembly operations at Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers. He moved into material handling and food processing, leading teams to improve quality by standardizing execution for custom solutions. His last 12 years have been working with the United States Government, leading a team to develop the automation for a chemical demilitarization facility in central Kentucky. Alex has a bachelor’s of science in Electrical Engineering from Kettering University in Flint, MI.
- Andrew BrownSr Automation Engineer – West Coast Andrew joined Gray Solutions in February, 2020 as a Sr Automation Engineer. Working out of our Gray-West offices in Anaheim, Andrew is positioned to serve a growing Western region customer base. Prior to joining Gray Solutions, Andrew worked in the Industrial Automation industry for 17 years, most recently as Process Controls Manager for a top-10 System Integrator. Andrew led the firm’s Process Control Practice Group and will be using his experience building firmwide best practices and standards to help grow Gray Solutions’ automation offerings. With a wealth of experience in Food & Beverage and other Industrial Sectors, Andrew is able to help our customers architect solutions to fit their needs.
- Rich WagnerManager, SCADA And Applications Rich Wagner is the Manager of SCADA and Applications for Gray Solutions based in Lexington, Kentucky. He has over 20 years of experience in systems applications, programming and IT. Rich has a proven record of expertise in oversight of project execution, staff development, programming and overall success of project operations and consulting. Prior to Gray Solutions, Rich worked as a SCADA Practice Manager for CSE-Icon. While there, he was responsible with managing a department of over 50+ resources related to SCADA Practice and applications. Tasked with quoting, managing, and leading of software projects worldwide, he was successful in increasing the profitability of the SCADA Practice department. Functional expertise: SCADA Systems Strategy development and execution, Training Policy development, Client/Vendor Relations, Timeline/Schedule assessments, Project Oversight and delegation, Process Improvement, Manufacturing Operations Excellence
- Cassady AdamsManager, Operations and Project Services Cassady joined the Gray family in January 2018. As Manager, Operations and Project Services she focuses on improving project and execution efficiencies to enhance the customer experience. With nearly a decade of experience in project management, she has used her skills to lead multidisciplinary teams in the successful completion of complex engineering projects. She approaches all projects with a strong strategic focus while maintaining a clear path towards achieving project goals. Her strong communication and customer service skills enhance Gray Solutions’ process-driven management philosophy. Cassady received her Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Kentucky and is PMP and Six Sigma Certified.
Gray Solutions is a Gray company.
Formed in 2018, Gray Solutions is a leader in automation and process integration for customers in Food & Beverage. As a part of the Gray family of brands, we continue to creatively address customer challenges in projects small to large. Whether you need a simple modification or a new facility, our services will increase efficiencies in your system through the power of data and information technology.