Syrup Blending Skid System
Spec Engineering designed, fabricated, and installed a turnkey syrup blending skid system for Schulze & Burch Biscuit Co. The selected ingredients flow through ingredient lines that consist of totes, surge tanks, and valves. Interchangeable totes deliver the product to the mixing tank through a series of valves and pumps.
The bag dump station allows for operators to add powder ingredients to the mixing tank. A peanut butter tank is used to sweep and heat up the peanut butter. The peanut butter is then sent through a transfer pump and delivered to the mixing tank.
The mixing tank receives all ingredients and begins to sweep and agitate the ingredients to mix into the final product. A steam jacket is used to heat the product. A steam jacket is used to heat the product. Once the desired temperature and consistency is met, the product is pumped through the mill to better homogenize the product.
A holding tank is then used to hold product until the dough mixer is ready to receive product. The holding tank uses a sweeper and a water jacket to keep the product at a correct consistency for the dough mixer process.
- A custom mezzanine holds liquid totes and custom tote titlers and features an integrated drain for cleaning.
- A hand-add station adds minor ingredients to the mixer tank.
- Six liquid surge tanks are pumped through flow meters to the batching tank.
- The system is fully automated, with distributed I/O links across the system and ethernet valve manifolds for all valve actuation.
- A complete Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) was performed at Spec’s manufacturing facility, then disassembled, and re-erected and commissioned at the customer’s site in four days.
- The design met GMP and FSMA standards
AD Process Equipment is a Gray company.
AD Process Equipment is your single source for system design and process equipment integration. Our experienced team works with customers to meet demands in bulk processing and material handling by providing practical design solutions that cater to their unique needs. Our personalized solutions in equipment and technology give customers a competitive edge in the ever-changing global marketplace.