Popcorn Kitchen Improvements
Spec Engineering completed 3D modeling and engineering services for a popular popcorn line, including cookers, conveyors, cooling tunnels, and utilities. Spec Engineering also automated the plant and provided on-site support for install and construction management.
- Provided plans for a new plant design and layout, including equipment specifications.
- Automated, pneumatic tilting devices were connected to caramel cookers to reduce manpower.
- Spec Engineering’s construction management team managed contractor bid reviews, contractor supervision, and on-site support.
- Supervisory PLC system allows for all manual processes to be automated:
- Transfer of all raw, formulated, and final mixed ingredients along with finished product
- Recipe creation, selection, and management
- Batch control sequencing including flow meter dosing of ingredients and transfer for bulk ingredients
- Complete control of all equipment using distributed I/O system
- Integration of mixers and popcorn equipment
- PID loop control of heaters for maintaining tank temperature
- Alarm indication
- HMI displays utilizing PlantPax faceplates and AOI’s
AD Process Equipment is a Gray company.
AD Process Equipment is your single source for system design and process equipment integration. Our experienced team works with customers to meet demands in bulk processing and material handling by providing practical design solutions that cater to their unique needs. Our personalized solutions in equipment and technology give customers a competitive edge in the ever-changing global marketplace.