Spec Engineering completed 3D modeling and engineering services for a popular popcorn line, including cookers, conveyors, cooling tunnels, and utilities. Spec Engineering also automated the plant and provided on-site support for install and construction management.
- Provided plans for a new plant design and layout, including equipment specifications.
- Automated, pneumatic tilting devices were connected to caramel cookers to reduce manpower.
- Spec Engineering’s construction management team managed contractor bid reviews, contractor supervision, and on-site support.
- Supervisory PLC system allows for all manual processes to be automated:
- Transfer of all raw, formulated, and final mixed ingredients along with finished product
- Recipe creation, selection, and management
- Batch control sequencing including flow meter dosing of ingredients and transfer for bulk ingredients
- Complete control of all equipment using distributed I/O system
- Integration of mixers and popcorn equipment
- PID loop control of heaters for maintaining tank temperature
- Alarm indication
- HMI displays utilizing PlantPax faceplates and AOI’s