Kraft Heinz Cheese Formulation
Spec Engineering completed a multi-line expansion containing new equipment and processes to four rooms, including dry ingredient bulk bag unloaders, a liquid cheese cook room, drying and blending room, and a clean-in-place (CIP) sanitation system. All new equipment was specifically designed and manufactured to be safe and ergonomic for the plant operators, while increasing production rates from 7,000 lbs. per hour to 10,000 lbs. per hour.
- A nine-ingredient smart batching system consisting of nine bulk bag unloaders designed for food safety and traceable ingredients in mind.
- An integrated dust collector added to each discharger to control dust mitigation and product loss by discharging collected dust back to the receiving transition.
- Wye diverters used in one common pneumatic conveying line to switch between cookers’ vacuum receivers.
- Precisely timed batches and a single line for cost reduction on piping, blowers, and stainless-steel filter receivers.
- A new sanitary CIP system incorporating the routing and installation of over 2,000 feet of sanitary 3-inch 316L stainless steel tubing as well as (3) 1,000-gallon tanks for caustic wash, acid wash, and freshwater rinsing, cleaning half the plant and covering 21 different circuit points.
The project was awarded a Manufacturing Innovation Award by ProFood World, a leading food & beverage manufacturing publication. Learn more about the story behind the project here.
Learn more about the Kraft Mac and Cheese modernization here.
AD Process Equipment is a Gray company.
AD Process Equipment is your single source for system design and process equipment integration. Our experienced team works with customers to meet demands in bulk processing and material handling by providing practical design solutions that cater to their unique needs. Our personalized solutions in equipment and technology give customers a competitive edge in the ever-changing global marketplace.