Happy New Year! As we enter this new year filled with hope, we can’t help but reflect on some of the positive highlights we shared as a company.
- BLT Acquisition
- We expanded our process and equipment offerings within our Candy Worx brand by bringing process equipment line manufacturer, Bottom Line Process Technologies (BLT), into Spec Engineering. BLT Process brings nearly 30 years of experience in confectionery, chocolate, beverage, cannabis, and non-food (starch and paper) industries making quality custom equipment.
- Spec Helped Increase Nationwide Supply of Hand Sanitizer
- Motivated by wide-spread COVID-19 infections, along with the shortage of PPE and disinfectants, Spec Engineering partnered with Sandymount, a revolutionary process technology company in the brewing industry, to increase production of FDA-approved, alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Virtual Events: Adapting to a New Normal
- Virtual Roundtable Discussion: COVID-19 Responses & Effects
- We hosted a virtual roundtable with 15 different companies, sharing perspectives from a variety of industries to include manufacturing, engineering, recruiting, marketing, finance, IT, and food and beverage. This group discussed how the Covid-19 pandemic had affected their business and shared how they were learning and growing through the process.
- Spec Engineering Virtual Process Solutions Expo
- With trade show cancellations and the uncertainty of in-person events, we decided to bring our equipment and services safely to consumers via a live online event. Our expo featured live question and answers, experts in the industry, along with a showcase of Spec Engineering’s Dust Rescuer and Recycle Box.
- Candy Worx Virtual Equipment Showcase
- Candy Worx featured custom machinery that specializes in continuous cooling drums, fondant production, panning, skids, pure sugar cooking, continuous extruding, and belt coating.
- Junior Engineers Virtual Summer Camp
- Summer marks an exciting time at Spec Engineering, where we host students with an interest in engineering to offer hands on exposure to this career. Due to the Covid pandemic we chose to host this event online instead. Campers received a complete box of supplies to participate in daily activities while in a live classroom setting. Each morning they participated in a lesson taught by one of our engineers in the areas of pneumatics, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, material flow, and technology.
- Midwest IFT Virtual Symposium and Expo
- In support of the Midwest Food Science and Technology community, Spec Engineering’s confectionery equipment brand, Candy Worx, proudly hosted a 30-minute live small-batch caramel demo on our DS Cooker.
- ‘Big Ideas’ Video Series
- Our video series called “Big Ideas” features how innovation shapes our culture and drives our growth here at Spec Engineering.
- Introduced the Recycle Box, a New Smart Product
- We introduced a bold and innovative piece of equipment to our brand of SMART Products. Specially engineered for the additive manufacturing industry, the Spec AM Reclaim System is both highly efficient and fully customizable. Our design was made for portability with a small footprint and access to interchange parts for easy customization.
Thank you for supporting our business through the trials of this year. As we head into 2021, our most important mission continues to be providing you with the very best design, quality, and service.